So you want to do something about that overbite.
It’s not just about cosmetics; it’s about your overall dental health. You know that — but you also know you don’t want to have to spend the next 1-3 years with the classic metal “railroad tracks” on your teeth if you don’t have to. Maybe you have heard about this thing called Invisalign, But how does it really work and is it right for you? Find out from the staff at DeLaura Dental in Romeo how Invisalign can help you!
How Invisalign works
According to Invisalign and the American Association of Orthodontists, the Invisalign system is an alignment therapy treatment system which utilizes a series of clear, virtually invisible plastic trays rather than metal brackets, bands, and/or wires the patient wears on their teeth. The trays are manufactured individually based on the patient’s particular case specifics. Each set of trays applies a gentle pressure to the patient’s teeth to move them into proper alignment a fraction of a millimeter at a time. Typically, the trays are worn for 2-3 weeks at a time, up to 20 hours a day, then changed out for the next set of trays in the therapy process.
Here are a few points to consider before deciding on Invisalign from your dentist in Romeo.
- Invisalign trays are virtually invisible, so no one knows the patient is actually wearing them.
- Invisalign trays are made to the individual patient’s case and desired outcome goal needs
- Invisalign trays can be removed to eat, brush and floss, and other such moments that occur in everyday life
- Invisalign trays are comfortable to use
- Invisalign will have the best results in patients who wear them as directed. Therefore, the patient must have the self-discipline to complete the treatment plan as directed for optimal results.
- Because Invisalign trays are removable, they can be misplaced or lost, unlike traditional braces, which are permanently affixed
- Invisalign is not as effective for more severe or complex alignment/bite issues
Is Invisalign the right choice for you? Ultimately, that’s a decision that should be carefully considered. Your dentist or orthodontist can help you make the best decision for you. Call DeLaura Dental in Romeo today to schedule a consultation!